Go Mobile And Get Social
Mobility is booming in emerging markets.
Want proof? Here it is. So companies in the west would be wise to look at trends that are developing now to understand how to take advantage of these growing sectors.
India is the world’s largest democracy and the second most populous country on earth. That means a lot of potential customers.
In the video below from Digital Quotient learn why the Indian mobile and social space is booming.
Here are some of the key facts:
- By 2013 number of active mobile phones in India will exceed global population
- 850m mobile devices in India today
- India is the third largest smartphone market in the world
- Mobile internet use in India is higher than desktop internet at 60% vs. 40%
- 48 hours of YouTube are viewed by Indians per month
- 80% of Indian women who shop online recommend their purchase to others
- 60% of high school kids in cities’ own smart phones
- 100m+ active social media users in India
- In smaller towns and rural areas mobile internet is the only way to access the net
Watch the video for more:
I wonder if Indian companies will be able to capitalise and go on to become global players in their own right. The sheer number of users will mean that a company that succeeds in India will have a huge market share.
History suggest its outside multi nationals that enter and succeed but I’m sure lot of Indians companies and talented start-ups are thinking about the mobile and social future with great interest.
So what do you think? Let me know below!
+ Share this using the buttons below