Why You Need Quality Content For SEO [Infographic]

We’ve all heard it “content is king”.

To get a good search engine rank you need to have quality content. Google and the other search engines are cracking down on sites that rely on content scraping and link baiting to generate traffic. Now more than ever do you need high quality and original content to succeed online.

And with $12.5bn being invested in online content you’re not alone in doing so.

Our site quality algorithms are aimed at helping people find “high-quality” sites by reducing the rankings of low-quality content. Amit Singhal, Google

And if Google is saying this then that’s really all you need to know – if you want to rank well on Goole you need high quality content. Don’t believe him? Here’s what Bing’s Duane Forrester says:

Never lose sight of the fact that all SEO ranking signals revolve around content of some kind.

SEE MORE: SEO: Google Panda Vs Penguin [Infographic]

This infographic from Brafton throws up a few stats on why you need content for SEO. The main graph illustrates how in their case study content marketing lead to steady organic growth and an increase in referral keywords – so unlike many sites we’ve been hearing about this one actually benefited from the Panda algorithm updates through strong content.

Here are some key stats:

  • 92% of marketers say content creation is either “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for SEO – got me wondering what the other 8% are smoking…
  • 44% of marketers also say social has a positive impact on SEO and only 1% say negative – again who are these 1% of marketers!?
  • 50% consumers are more likely to click on a search result if a brand appears multiple times on the results page.
  • And finally the number of conversions is increased through strong content: 52% say a blog has impacted their purchases, 61% are more likely to buy from a business that offer custom content, 60% of business decision makers say branded content helps them make those decisions

Also here are their “Predicted Value of Search Factors” ranked by importance:

  1. Social Signals (driven by content)
  2. Content
  3. Site Interaction
  4. Ad: Content Ratio
  5. Paid Links

So what are you waiting for – go create some content!

Why You Need Quality Content For SEO Infographic

+ Share this using the buttons below

Advertisements

4 responses to “Why You Need Quality Content For SEO [Infographic]

  1. Personally I feel the great thing about blog content is that it’s a way to engage with visitors to your site and it gives your company a ‘personality’. Sadly so many people waste this chance by just shouting sales messages at customers through the blog.

    • Hi Hazel great point – on a site I work for we have sponsored papers and webinars every now and then and the sheer amount of them that are just blatant ads for their software or products is shocking. And of course as a result the engagement is practically zero.

      In terms of personality – that;s a tough thing to work out sometimes if you have multiple people working on your blog or are working in B2B – whats the right balance?

  2. Pingback: Why You Need Quality Content For SEO [Infographic] | Kenneth Carnesi·

What Do You Think? Let Me Know!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s