We’ve all heard it “content is king”.
To get a good search engine rank you need to have quality content. Google and the other search engines are cracking down on sites that rely on content scraping and link baiting to generate traffic. Now more than ever do you need high quality and original content to succeed online.
And with $12.5bn being invested in online content you’re not alone in doing so.
Our site quality algorithms are aimed at helping people find “high-quality” sites by reducing the rankings of low-quality content. Amit Singhal, Google
And if Google is saying this then that’s really all you need to know – if you want to rank well on Goole you need high quality content. Don’t believe him? Here’s what Bing’s Duane Forrester says:
Never lose sight of the fact that all SEO ranking signals revolve around content of some kind.
This infographic from Brafton throws up a few stats on why you need content for SEO. The main graph illustrates how in their case study content marketing lead to steady organic growth and an increase in referral keywords – so unlike many sites we’ve been hearing about this one actually benefited from the Panda algorithm updates through strong content.
Here are some key stats:
- 92% of marketers say content creation is either “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for SEO – got me wondering what the other 8% are smoking…
- 44% of marketers also say social has a positive impact on SEO and only 1% say negative – again who are these 1% of marketers!?
- 50% consumers are more likely to click on a search result if a brand appears multiple times on the results page.
- And finally the number of conversions is increased through strong content: 52% say a blog has impacted their purchases, 61% are more likely to buy from a business that offer custom content, 60% of business decision makers say branded content helps them make those decisions
Also here are their “Predicted Value of Search Factors” ranked by importance:
- Social Signals (driven by content)
- Site Interaction
- Ad: Content Ratio
- Paid Links
So what are you waiting for – go create some content!
+ Share this using the buttons below