Why Do We Love Infographics?
If you read this blog regularly, you will know that I love my infographic! They allow for quick dissemination and absorption of a lot of information in an easy and fun manner and let’s face it not everyone has the time or can be bothered (me included) to read long articles or wade through reams of data and stats.
And it turns out that it’s not just me who loves them! The team at Neoman got in touch with me to tell me about their cool new infographic they put together which helps explain why we don’t just like infographics but crave them! What’s more, the infographic is made in slick HTML 5 and has some interactive features – if you get a chance view it on a tablet to get the best experience.
Here are a few highlights:
- It only takes us 150ms for a symbol to be processed + 100ms to attach a meaning to it
- We receive 5x as much information today as we did in 1986
- On average users only read 28% of words per visit (I hope this doesn’t apply to my blog!)
- Researchers found that colour visuals increase the willingness to read by 80%
- 67% of the audience were persuaded by the verbal presentation that had accompanying visuals
Click on the image below to see the full Interactive Infographic!
+ Share this using the buttons below